• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noobo's Staff Application

Bypass Given by TheLolVlog/Lolman

Year of birth (Can be given privately): 25/02/2001

Steam Name : NOOBO

Steam ID : STEAM_0:1:39203220

How long have you been playing on our servers?: Since either March 2015 or December 2014 (Memory doesn't serve me well but it's 100% around that area)

Have you played any type of seriousRP before? If you did then explain what have you done there?: Yes I have played seriousRP before, and I have done a lot of different activities. I have mainly partook in passiveRP as well as P2L (Play to lose). I have also worked in a range of different roles during RP, including working for many of the different factions such as the Civil Protection, Overwatch, Loyalists, Rebels etc. I mainly played as either a primary or secondary character, taking and leaving the foreground when best suiting my character's story. I played to adapt my character and build a reasonably good experience for everyone.

What kind of roleplaying did you experience?: I experienced many different types of role-play, including playing as the factions above, as well as a number of different combat and passive role-play techniques. Everything from passiveRP as a Vortigaunt slave sweeping the city to a Resistance member on his back attempting to crawl out of the clutches from a Hunter attack in the Outlands. Generally over the years I have experienced everything there is to experience, in a multitude of different role playing game modes, although all of it may not have been the most clean and well cut role-play, there was also a lot of it that was extremely enjoyable and serious, making me connect with my and other player's characters along the way.

Why do you want to become a staff member in our server?: I want to become staff member on Combine Control to help build the foundation for this new step in the server's life cycle that it's taking. I feel like the staff and management have got a really great idea here and I'd love to be a part of it in a bigger and more hands-on way, being staff is one of the many ways I wish to accomplish this. I've also had a very long and interesting past with the server, I know how it runs, I'm familiar with its player base and I've always loved what made Combine Control, Combine Control. It was one of the first bigger servers that I had gotten into and actually role-played, creating characters and stories along the way, I'd love to do this again with this fresh start in a bigger and better way. I want to be staff to basically ensure that players, including myself can be backed up by a secure force that reinforces their views of great RP and a stable community to come with it - I'd love to help push great role-play that I had always wanted as a normal player over the years. I would also like to become a staff member in the server to help push the community to a more P2L and S2M viewpoint. The server will be action packed and I acknowledge that S2K will be a factor in many player's minds, especially on Combine Control, but I generally would love to push the community to a fluent role-play basis, and being staff member can help me do that. I have also noticed that the staff numbers have fallen and the lack of staff will make managing the smaller areas of the server a bit more annoying for the higher up and busier staff members.

Why should we choose you to become a staff member?: I think you should choose to make me staff member because I have a lot of experience with the server and its different elements. Regardless of my troubled past with my bans for different reasons, I believe I have outgrown that and can generally help the server in ways that some other players couldn't who were in the same position. I have also garnered a lot more experience with role-play during my time away from the server, my storytelling and character development has been fleshed out a lot more and my seriousness to role-play has increased. I love the setting the server is going towards and regardless of the staff position or not I am determined to put the spare time I have into the server and the role-play experience. I have also been a staff member for a multitude of different servers, on and off of Gmod so I have a pretty good understanding on how to manage communities and players, even when they're acting up and causing trouble.

Do you agree to the site policy(The answer must be either yes or no)?: Yes

Do you agree that you are not a staff member in any other competing server(The answer must be either yes or no)?: Yes

Do you agree according to your IP address that you're not going take advantage of community servers (Combine Control, CombineControl), the answer must be yes or no:Yes

Have you ever tried to abuse any bugs(or self supply, etc.) ?: Yes, I have abused bugs, although this was generally when bug circulation and exploits were being discovered by a lot of people. Some were abused by me to give reports onto the forum for bug fixes and others were generally for personal gain, although I haven't abused bugs or any exploits recently as well as self supply as I see no need in scripts to create a great role-play experience.

Is there any other way to make contact with you besides using Steam? : Yes, Discord is something I am using throughout the day, even if I'm not at my PC I still have access to it through my phone.

With this submission, I declare I read all of the server's rules, forum rules, community rules and I agree and understand them.

A
    What is the meaning of the term 'PK', and when does it affect?: PK Stands for Player/Permanent Kill and comes into affect when a character has been permanently killed, this means that the character's story has ended and that name and identity can no longer be used.
    Give us an example of a 'PK' situation: A Resistance member has been captured by the Combine and executed for their crimes, Jerry Springer has now died, there are no more Jerry Springers left.

B
    What is the meaning of the term 'DM', and when does it affect?: DM or Deathmatch refers to player versus player combat and takes affect when two players engage each other in combat under proper reason to fight.
    Give us an example of a 'DM' situation: Overwatch spot a resistance squad in the Outlands and begin to open fire, Resistance members would take cover and begin returning fire in sequences.

C
    What is the meaning of the term 'RDM', and when does it affect?: RDM or Random Deathmatch refers to a player being killed by another player with no reason or motive behind it, they had randomly killed them with no reasoning to do so.
    Give us an example of a 'RDM' situation: A citizen is walking down the street, a member of the Resistance runs up and guns him down, then running off.

D
    What is the meaning of the term 'BH', and when does it affect?: BH or Bunny Hop is a term to describe irregular movement that a player can do that increases their speed by coordinating jumps that boost the character move speed by some margin.
    Give us an example of a 'BH' situation: Bob Good runs out of spawn and begins jumping around the plaza, gaining speed not allowing MPF units to catch up and arrest him.

E
    Give us three correct /me commands:
    /me Opens up his backpack, taking out a can of fresh water. He'd begin to crack it open and drink it, wiping his face afterwards.
    /me Would pick up the hammer and go to smash it over the Zombies head.
    /me Looks down at his leg, touching his wound and yelping in pain.
    Give us three correct /it commands:
    /it Blood would splatter all over the wall.
    /it There would be a dark yellow stain in the carpet.
    /it The gun would look brand new, without a scratch on it.

F
    What is the difference between the following commands: /bc and /ad ?:
    /Bc refers to the Broadcast system that the Civil Administrator (Breen) and the Metro Police Force can use to notify citizens of information such as a work-cycle or one of Breen's speeches.
    /ad refers to the advert system that can be used by citizens to advertise their shops.

G
    What is the meaning of the term 'MG', and when does it affect?: MG refers to Metagame. Metagame is a term to describe players using OOC information IC, giving their character an edge over other characters as they have access to information that their character has no idea of physically knowing.
    Give us three situations that define the term MG:

Player 1 is a Resistance member and wants to know the location of the Combine so he can mug them, so he gets his friend; Player 2 to flag up onto his MPF unit and get the location of each one, feeding it to him through an OOC source such as Steam chat.

Player 1 asked Player 2 over steam chat to drop an item in a specific area of the map, Player 1 then deliberately runs to that area to grab the item so his character can benefit over others.

Player 1 hears through steam chat from Player 2 that Player 3 has died, although Player 1 was no where near the death area. Player 2 then tells Player 1 to run so he avoids danger, letting him survive a death that his character would have faced if Player 2 did not meta game.
    CaptainCommie and Strickland like this.
Working...
X