This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Announcement] CombineControl Server Wipe. Transition to a New Roleplay Arc.

Hello, players.

Recently, we have been having some downright unacceptable issues with the gamemode, striking serious lack of motivation towards players, and admins alike.
    For that reason, the servers will be completely wiped, on the date 31/05/2019, at 17:00/5PM (UTC)

We understand that this might be a frustration to some players, but we can assure you that it's for the best for all players.

That being said, there is some exciting news regarding the server lore. Although not much is confirmed, we will be moving to a Post-HL2 Roleplay setting, staged in the last corner of Union Occupation, after a long, successful uprising. The main premise will be set around a recently liberated Resistance group, helping with the final push. We will explore rural, coastal, and even urban settings. There is also a possibility to have events set in the final urban centres controlled by the Union.

We will be having new content, so expect an update to the content pack.

Players are welcome to play Resistance, Union, or neutral characters. We will have no limit on what character type you have.

This thread will be open to any questions.
    wwiillssoonn, Pico and 6 others like this.
    High Management Staff Member

Please PM me on the forums, or through Discord if you require assistance.

Characters

Hugo Duckman, Leader of the Lambda Resistance

Jarrod Barnes, Vox Populi Member

Harry Thompson, Commander's assistant

Jason Williams, President of Haven

Chris White, Civil Worker's Union

Permaban appeal, ah shit here we go again.
    Kontrλxt.exe has stopped working
    Restarting Kontrλxt.exe
    If I don't get into two arguments with staff, and if they don't say its my last chance, per day, well you know its a bad day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RESW9FcHV7w

Comment

Originally posted by KontraxTcz2886 View Post
      Permaban appeal, ah shit here we go again.
      A server wipe does not mean a fresh start for everyone. And it doesn't mean we're giving out appeals liberally either.

Characters

Comment

Originally posted by TheLolVlog View Post
        A server wipe does not mean a fresh start for everyone. And it doesn't mean we're giving out appeals liberally either.

I don't get how you can be so good at discouraging people.
        Last edited by KontraxTcz2886; 07-05-2019, 22:14.
        Kontrλxt.exe has stopped working
        Restarting Kontrλxt.exe
        If I don't get into two arguments with staff, and if they don't say its my last chance, per day, well you know its a bad day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RESW9FcHV7w

Comment

I wonder if CC can really pull itself up one more time. There were afew times the server seemed pretty much dead, buta few big updates spiked it back up again, like the TnB model + quiz removal that brought in a whole lotta players before falling quite a bit. Now there's barely a playerbase anymore.
          The server should be marketed as something completely new in order to attract more players, not just "oh, that server got an update? ehh". I'm looking quite forward to it as, no matter how flawed CC and the community is, it's pretty much the only HL2RP I enjoy. I feel this can be done very well.
          Quick question, though. Are all flags and playermodels going to be reset?
          eroconnhd. likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by KontraxTcz2886 View Post

I don't get how you can be so good at discouraging people.
            Just keeping it real. I don't want to repeat the mistakes of the past.

Characters

Comment

Originally posted by BIG BROTHER View Post
              I wonder if CC can really pull itself up one more time. There were afew times the server seemed pretty much dead, buta few big updates spiked it back up again, like the TnB model + quiz removal that brought in a whole lotta players before falling quite a bit. Now there's barely a playerbase anymore.
              The server should be marketed as something completely new in order to attract more players, not just "oh, that server got an update? ehh". I'm looking quite forward to it as, no matter how flawed CC and the community is, it's pretty much the only HL2RP I enjoy. I feel this can be done very well.
              Quick question, though. Are all flags and playermodels going to be reset?
              Yes. Everything is getting wiped, for everyone.

Characters

Comment

So, if all flags are wiped, how is the new leadership for the CCA gonna be picked.
                Last edited by FreeSpy443; 07-05-2019, 23:08.

Comment

Originally posted by FreeSpy443 View Post
                  So, if all flags are wiped, how is the new leadership for the CCA gonna be picked.
                  Post-HL2 Roleplay setting

It's post-Half Life 2, the CCA has collapsed by this point, at least, most of it has.
                  Similar to how Half Life Two: Episode One portrays the CCA, I presume.

Comment

We are not sure how to introduce the Combine faction just yet, but it will probably be admin selected to start with.

Characters

Comment

Penis Size (jk, probably an admin will take their place until further notice)

Comment

Can’t wait!

Comment

Originally posted by TheLolVlog View Post

We are not sure how to introduce the Combine faction just yet, but it will probably be admin selected to start with.
                          Are you guys open to suggestions and such?
                          Also, it'd be awesome to see them less organized (I mean, if the CCA is collapsed, they're obviously going to be more scrambled). LDRs should have a MUCH much much much bigger roles. Have them actually control their own squads. Let them have a personality. Maybe don't have them mind wiped? Or if they are, atleast very little. Maybe 1 or 2 SPRs, but they don't do much interference, just control battle plans and such.
                          Make if fun to be a CP and offer them a chance to actually roleplay and build their characters. Don't give them a whole armory whenever they choose. Maybe a pistol for SQDs and have them find/gather weapons themselves. If one of them are mugged, instead of one single rebel getting their hands on a shit ton of gear, they only get a bit, leveling out the playing field.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG BROTHER View Post

Are you guys open to suggestions and such?
                            Also, it'd be awesome to see them less organized (I mean, if the CCA is collapsed, they're obviously going to be more scrambled). LDRs should have a MUCH much much much bigger roles. Have them actually control their own squads. Let them have a personality. Maybe don't have them mind wiped? Or if they are, atleast very little. Maybe 1 or 2 SPRs, but they don't do much interference, just control battle plans and such.
                            Make if fun to be a CP and offer them a chance to actually roleplay and build their characters. Don't give them a whole armory whenever they choose. Maybe a pistol for SQDs and have them find/gather weapons themselves. If one of them are mugged, instead of one single rebel getting their hands on a shit ton of gear, they only get a bit, leveling out the playing field.
                            The Combine is pretty much in dissary, although their organisation will vary. By default, there will be a main Union faction, fit with the synths we know and love. Alternatively, we will allow people (with auths) to create their own UU loyalist subgroups, perhaps CCA remnants.

In City events, the CCA will have the structure we know.

But yeah, by default, they are simply foot soldiers.

Characters

Comment

Nice the wipe is right on my birthday. A nice present I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X