X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Announcement] [OOC] Metropolitan Police Force Reforms: Your suggestions!

A lot of our ideas for changes in the MPF have come from other people in the staff team.

However, I think it's best if we also hear your thoughts and what you think should be added/removed or changed to the MPF!

You can reply to the thread with your thoughts.

I'm already pretty happy with how the MPF is. Though there a few but big changes I'd like to see but wouldn't be upset if they were denied. These are related to the Combine as a whole.
    No CMR CMA. Add dispatch. Dispatch is omnipresent, it can address every unit and see from every piece of combine technology. It is the ultimate commander. Whereas CMR is a human who can only do so much. I'm taking this from HL2 which I believe handles almost everything perfectly.
    No forming teams with OTA unless absolutely necessary. Give OTA their language back (see Overwatch soldier quotes from a HL2 wiki), only make them use radio codes if addressing MPF.
    Make cameras take photos of socio-endangerment. Make cameras recognize trespassing when it happens. Add a few scanner NPCs with similar AI.
    I realize these are big changes but they're something I would really appreciate. What I wouldn't like to see added are more squads/ranks and different skin models.
    ​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by snipenis View Post
      I'm already pretty happy with how the MPF is. Though there a few but big changes I'd like to see but wouldn't be upset if they were denied. These are related to the Combine as a whole.
      No CMR CMA. Add dispatch. Dispatch is omnipresent, it can address every unit and see from every piece of combine technology. It is the ultimate commander. Whereas CMR is a human who can only do so much. I'm taking this from HL2 which I believe handles almost everything perfectly.
      No forming teams with OTA unless absolutely necessary. Give OTA their language back (see Overwatch soldier quotes from a HL2 wiki), only make them use radio codes if addressing MPF.
      Make cameras take photos of socio-endangerment. Make cameras recognize trespassing when it happens. Add a few scanner NPCs with similar AI.
      I realize these are big changes but they're something I would really appreciate. What I wouldn't like to see added are more squads/ranks and different skin models.
      ​​​​​​​
      Uh... right.

Dispatch is a hard pass for me. It already exists as a system which high ranking units can use (/rdis for dispatch radio message), and we need a commanding unit who has boots on the ground and can actively participate in RP instead of a stationary, boring role.

Why no OTA teams if you like HL2’s handling? I based this protocol on HL2 in the first place. Being able to form a squad mid-mission and cooperate is excellent.
      OTA already specialize in their word-based codes (which I pulled directly from Combineoverwiki...). If a soldier is speaking in CP number codes for some reason, try to ask them why OOC, because they’re not meant to.

The trespassing detection would be very hard to add due to the limited control we have over the map itself.

Comment

In my opinion LDRs are enough. I don't really approve of one person being in charge of the MPF.
        And with teams I meant fighting alongside OTA. I think they should cooperate from afar using the radio instead of merging squads.

Comment

In my opinion LDRs are enough. I don't really approve of one person being in charge of the MPF.
          And with teams I meant fighting alongside OTA. I think they should cooperate from afar using the radio instead of merging squads.
          If we use dispatch, one "person" will still be in charge of the MPF. It'll mean it's still one player who holds power and issues commands. The only difference is that the job is stationary and vastly more boring.

CombineControl has had commanders since the beginning of the server to my knowledge, and countless other RP communities use commanders as well. I'm sorry if you don't "approve" of it, but there's nothing to suggest this isn't possible in the lore of Half-Life.

Comment

My idea for dispatch is a cloaked admin with noclip that can place waypoints in combine controlled sectors to guide units. Dispatch would be shared by admins. I understand it could be boring as there is no character in dispatch and no /me, but maybe something interesting such as a malfunctioning dispatch could happen. I don't know, that's just one of my ideas.

Comment

My idea for dispatch is a cloaked admin with noclip that can place waypoints in combine controlled sectors to guide units. Dispatch would be shared by admins. I understand it could be boring as there is no character in dispatch and no /me, but maybe something interesting such as a malfunctioning dispatch could happen. I don't know, that's just one of my ideas.
              Limits high ranking roles to Admins only, and I for one will not spend my day in noclip placing waypoints.
              High Management Staff Member

Please PM me on the forums, or through Discord if you require assistance.

Characters

Hugo Duckman, Leader of the Lambda Resistance

Jarrod Barnes, Vox Populi Member

Harry Thompson, Commander's assistant

Jason Williams, President of Haven

Chris White, Civil Worker's Union

Comment

A consul, of sorts, that could head the CCA. Rather than one player (or admin) or person acting as a near-omnipotent AI. A council of high-ranking or decorated officers could fit better.

Comment

Working...
                X