This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Announcement] Reforms!

(I already posted about this on the Discord, posting this here for those stubborn enough not to join our Discord server, or those dumb enough to get banned off it).

Hello, hello, hello!

So, since the voting has long since stopped, and we are now in the process of working on reforms to improve all aspects of the Server, I thought I’d be a good idea to let you all know what the staff team is working on in terms of improvements for the sake of transparency.

I'm personally working on the reforms related to Civil Workers Union and CitizenRP, as well as some quality of life fixes and additions.

Amongst other things, I am currently working on;

- Changing the structure of the CWU, we do not need four departaments. Bye bye, Logistics and Linguistics. I will probably also fiddle with the ranks and hierarchy of power at a later date.

- A political party system that Loyalist and Citizens can partake in, it will not be a perfect democracy, the Union would never allow that. I just felt like political marches, speeches, struggles for power and shady dealings made behind people’s back to ensure that your party stays in power could be very interesting if implemented correctly.

- I’ve mapped the entirety of post-occupation Earth, separating them into 12 administrative Sectors that the Union created for optimal occupation efficiency. I’ve also went country by country and worked out how many people are live in year 2042, and just because I felt extra I also began numbering cities that the Universal Union turned into Urban Centres (I’m on City 78 by now).

- Making applying to the CWU and buying licenses a more IC ordeal, since I absolutely despise the DarkRP feel of getting a license by clicking on it in a menu and automatically getting your money removed. You will now need to talk with a Civil Worker and go through a interview to receive a business license, and you will need to write a letter to the CWA in order to apply for the Workers Union.

​​​​​​​- Players who wish to play a rouge Civil Worker/Civil Protection Officer will from now need to apply in the ‘Roleplay Authorization’ section in order to receive permission. This is done in attempt to avoid abuse and FailRP that /some/ people have been showing in the past when it comes to rouge characters.

​​​​​

​​​​​​​

The staff team is working on a bunch more stuff of course, some coding needs to be done, and improvements to other fields of Rolepaly must be created, but this is what I'm personally working on.

If you have any suggestions you'd like to make, shoot me a Forum/Discord PM, and I'll consider it.
    hanm13 and Pico like this.

Niceee

I will always be here for you.
    If you need anything feel free to contact me.
    Steam: Beta-Alanine/AlexLSD(steamcommunity.com/id/AlexLSD)
    Email: aluxlsd@gmail.com
    ================
    Most used characters:
    Saku Aikarri[Yakuza]
    Clemetine Wellington[OWS]
    Michael Coltor Petrovich[SPR]

Comment

Originally posted by Stierżniewoj View Post
      - Changing the structure of the CWU, we do not need four departaments. Bye bye, Logistics and Linguistics. I will probably also fiddle with the ranks and hierarchy of power at a later date.
      Exactly the "this doesn't need a fix" fix.
      - A political party system that Loyalist and Citizens can partake in, it will not be a perfect democracy, the Union would never allow that. I just felt like political marches, speeches, struggles for power and shady dealings made behind people’s back to ensure that your party stays in power could be very interesting if implemented correctly.
      Its the Pascarellis, man.
      - Making applying to the CWU and buying licenses a more IC ordeal, since I absolutely despise the DarkRP feel of getting a license by clicking on it in a menu and automatically getting your money removed. You will now need to talk with a Civil Worker and go through a interview to receive a business license, and you will need to write a letter to the CWA in order to apply for the Workers Union.
      Another "this doesn't need a fix" fix.
      - Players who wish to play a rouge Civil Worker/Civil Protection Officer will from now need to apply in the ‘Roleplay Authorization’ section in order to receive permission. This is done in attempt to avoid abuse and FailRP that /some/ people have been showing in the past when it comes to rouge characters.
      Restricting character development, another "this doesn't need a fix" fix.

Keep in mind, that this is only my opinion and my opinion does not matter, because I am banned, however it still might be relevant to those of you, who are foolish enough to believe a banned guy, that doesn't have a right to talk about stuff on a community, that he is banned on.

Thanks for reading this TL;DR version.
      Last edited by KontraxTcz2886; 03-02-2019, 01:39.
      Kontrλxt.exe has stopped working
      Restarting Kontrλxt.exe
      If I don't get into two arguments with staff, and if they don't say its my last chance, per day, well you know its a bad day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RESW9FcHV7w

Comment

Originally posted by KontraxTcz2886 View Post
        my opinion does not matter,
        your opinion will most likely be dismissed because you are banned, yes
        we're not going to take opinions from banned players because they havent EXPERIENCED today's combinecontrol

also i'd definitely consider CC a "small" community right now which is why some of these reforms are taking place, because it's overcomplicated and nothing is simple. that's bad, for a small server
        Last edited by 100; 03-02-2019, 01:52.

Comment

Exactly the "this doesn't need a fix" fix.
          The CWU is way too complicated. Reducing ranks is way better for it. It does need fixing, considering we have NO high ranks, and NO different sections.

Another "this doesn't need a fix" fix.
          By doing this, businesses can be gained through roleplay, and common sense. Why not reform it?

Eh? We're just stopping people from joining the CCA /in order/ to go rogue. Literally, all we're doing is making sure people are going rogue out of character development rather than just saying "fuck it time to make cash and sell my CCA guns".

Not to mention the amount of RCTs who think it's possibly to just leave the nexus lmao. It's just for making sure people do it with logic. Same for having Military backgrounds. Plus, 50% of our CWU have access to rebel bases anyway lol, it's a shit-show.

Keep in mind, that this is only my opinion and my opinion does not matter, because I am banned, however it still might be relevant to those of you, who are foolish enough to believe a banned guy, that doesn't have a right to talk about stuff on a community, that he is banned on.

Thanks for reading this TL;DR version.
          You can talk about this stuff, but I still disagree with what you're saying. You're not exactly up to scratch on what needs fixing, and these are definitely positive additions. There's a difference between criticism and just complaining about everything for no reason.
          Last edited by LolMan; 03-02-2019, 01:52.
          Stierżniewoj likes this.
          High Management Staff Member

I Hate Roleplaying

Comment

Originally posted by 100 View Post
            they havent EXPERIENCED today's combinecontrol

The flaws are still the same and I'd say I have experienced more of combinecontrol than you, considering the join date and play time.
            because it's overcomplicated and nothing is simple. that's bad, for a small server
            Reboot/reset is the way.

Originally posted by TheLolVlog View Post
            By doing this, businesses can be gained through roleplay, and common sense. Why not reform it?
            I just don't see why you would want to fix something that worked for a long time. This is not the issue, there is so many issues with the server, yet this is for some reason even displayed in this thread and "fixed/reformed".
            "fuck it time to make cash and sell my CCA guns"
            Punish those, even though I have seen some staff doing it aswell.
            Plus, 50% of our CWU have access to rebel bases anyway lol, it's a shit-show.
            Discouraging them from this, rather than ouright restricting it if you do not have a "permit" is a better option, in my opinion. Sometimes you need to respond to something IC and head for a certain type of character development. If some bs happens, you won't have time for writing out an app.
            You can talk about this stuff, but I still disagree with what you're saying. You're not exactly up to scratch on what needs fixing, and these are definitely positive additions. There's a difference between criticism and just complaining about everything for no reason.
            That is absolutely fine, however I don't feel like these needed a better explanation. These things don't need fixing and for some reason they are displayed to let us know about them, so that is why I am posting about it here. What is in need of your focus is the pure incentive for players to be willing to sacrifice their farmed scripts for roleplay, or an incentive to even do any roleplay at all.
            I know I sound like a script whore or whatever people around here will call me, but that is the reality. I won't sacrifice the equipment that I have gathered throughout the years(ehm yeah I am banned, whatever, take this as some kind of a figurative speech) just to create roleplay, because I know others won't do that for me either. And I'd like to bring up the idea with "gamemasters" again, although I am not sure whether you as a staff team have denied it already or implemented it in one way or another.
            Last edited by KontraxTcz2886; 03-02-2019, 02:03.
            Kontrλxt.exe has stopped working
            Restarting Kontrλxt.exe
            If I don't get into two arguments with staff, and if they don't say its my last chance, per day, well you know its a bad day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RESW9FcHV7w

Comment

we're not going to take opinions from banned players because they havent EXPERIENCED today's combinecontrol
              I experienced today's combinecontrol.
              It's not CombineControl.
              It's just a bunch of people who see themselves very high on their asses and ban people who didn't do jack shit.
              But who am I to talk? I am just an abusive prick who doesn't listens to staff members and talks from people's back.

And I am "being a dick".

Want a fix? Playerbase.

Want another fix? Stop banning players who appealed 3 months ago, and go back to them saying "Oh, hey, remember that stuff you did a whole fucking year ago, yeah we are banning you for that"

Want another fix? Great. Stop disrespecting players as Staff Members, and stop telling them to "fuck off from the community" or "kill yourself".
              Last edited by Strickland; 04-02-2019, 17:12.
              Добро пожаловать вСталинград.
              Впереди вас ожидает величайший момент вашей жизни.

Comment

Originally posted by Strickland View Post

It's just a bunch of people who see themselves very high on their asses and ban people who didn't do jack shit.
                Pico's Ban log supports this claim if i remember most of his bans where for staff dis when staff isnt better they dis people more then the players do.

Comment

Originally posted by palik View Post

Pico's Ban log supports this claim if i remember most of his bans where for staff dis when staff isnt better they dis people more then the players do.
                  Oh yeah, because someone leaking ban logs definitely shows you the whole picture. You do realize we write a detailed punishment report every time which Olympus has full access to read and ask about, right?
                  If my bans are unfair, you'll have to take that up with Chen too.
                  Stierżniewoj and KontraxTcz2886 like this.

Comment

I think that it is completely the opposite. An auth to become a rogue is something that a lot of servers use, it doesn't really restrict your char's development, it's just something that admins do to make sure that the people that want to go rogue have a good reason to do it or to make sure that they aren't complete retards.

Comment

It's funny how a thread about improvements to the community is met by people (whom I assumed were mature enough to handle such things) blatantly ripping into the staff team.

I gather that there are disrespect issues from both sides of the community. Something I actually do not support, and actually try to prevent.

These reforms are not here to do anything other than provide a fresh experience that provides more opportunity to those who cannot get lots of credits or stats.

This thread is closed. Smh my head.
                      High Management Staff Member

I Hate Roleplaying

Comment

Working...
                      X