X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Reset.

hi

Today I am here to present to you all my idea on how to improve the server and it's enjoyment factor. My idea is fairly simple, but if done, HAS to be done correctly, otherwise it will be a waste and will lead to an easy snowball effect, furthering the downfall of the community.

The idea I had in mind is to have a full, entire reset of the servers. That means new map, new characters, removing all existing ones, as well as removing unneeded scripts, ideas, factions, et cetera. This would also include the implementation of a brand new lore, hopefully a lore that can be shown to the public and not sent to the Content Team to slave away at it for months and months of their time in the team.
    I am personally going to base my idea of a reset on Q1 of Half-Life 2, where the City isn't so over protected, simple Civil Protection, and Resistance and the CCA are evenly matched with simple gear, such as SMG's and Pistols.

Now, I'm going to answer a few questions I already had in mind that would probably be asked when people read this.

Q: BUT HOW IS THIS GONNA HELP RP WTF I WORKED 3 YEARS FOR MY SCRIPTS OMG WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO REMOVE THIS ITS THE MAP AND THE COMMUNITY'S FAULT NOT MINE

A: CombineControl is a roleplaying server, believe it or not. You're not supposed to care about your scripts and all of that because really, it's all easy to obtain again. The entire point of roleplay is to experience new and exciting experiences, and frankly, with a lore and characters on the server that have been in play for longer than 1-3 years, it's just stale. This is the only way of getting a fresh new start and a breath of fresh air in the roleplaying community.

Q: Well, what would you remove if a reset did happen?

A: I would remove the following: COTA (including Synths), ALL CS:S weapons, limit the amount of items the BMD is given, hinder the amount of items given to a CCA Units, remove LDR-O as well CMA and keep only RCT, SQD, LDR, SPR, and CMR.

The reason I'm advocating for the removal of these scripts, factions, and flags, is because if the full reset happens, there's little to no need for these huge ideas, such as COTA, huge arsenals of weapons available to the CCA and Resistance, as well as unneeded ranks. It just adds more complexity to something that's supposed to be simple, and as time progresses and the story develops, I am more than supportive of adding most of these back in, since it's development in tension and growth in forces between the CCA and the Resistance. Keeping it simple is the charm of HL2RP.

Q: What about my countless donations of money/CCP to the server?

A: Well, I'm not exactly in the position to say what should happen, but in my opinion, a majority of whatever you donated for should be returned to you with your new character (i.e stash capacity, model change, stat boosts [maybe not that but again, not up to me] etc.)

Q: Why re-write the lore?

A:Honestly, the lore has gone nowhere, and I've been playing on this server for 3 years. It's much easier and more accessible for everyone in the server, including all team members as well as regular members, to just pick up and read and understand where we are in the timeline. Keep it simple, no need to add what happened 50 years ago and up to today, just keep it brief, complete sentences for each crucial year and it'll make it much more enjoyable for an average player. And also, please just leave it open to the public, there's no need to keep it in the Content Team chambers for years and years and to never reveal it.

That should cover most of it. Please, if you like the idea or have any additions to make to it, voice your opinion, as I do hope that this will bring a great ordeal of fresh air into the server and make it enjoyable for a majority of players.

thank.
    eroconnhd., Migu24 and 2 others like this.
    woah woah woah woah woah

Can we also just please re-write every single guide on the forums because most of them are probably out-dated at this point.
    And it becomes hard when the forums are cluttered mess filled with garbage.
    eroconnhd. and Gastericus like this.

Comment

The only character I genuinely care about keeping is my hunter because of the history I’ve had with it. Maybe also an antlion because I commissioned the flag.

Please do the reset I’m begging you. Let people start over with the same name if they need to but please god get rid of these years of undeserved scripts and bullshit RP.

Comment

I'm not a veteran player at all but I mean I feel like it'd actually have huge benefits if done right. Being able to experience the beginning of a new CC would also be awesome, I think. Well, like I know anything lmao
        Characters:
        Corey Davis | Civil Protection Squad Unit
        Gerald Franklin | Criminal

Jesse Stone | Haven Militia

Comment

been suggesting this for at the very least a respectable FOREVER

blame TheLolVlog, the BADMIN mad with POWER for NOT doing this

Comment

I can tell you that this will be absolutely hated.

At the moment CC’s playerbase is built from relatively new players, all of whom are just picking up the ways to explore their character properly.

By doing this, we’d be pushing away a large number of people. And that isn’t something CC needs at the moment.

Im all for reforming stuff for simplicity, but it just gives me a terrible gut feeling to consider something like this
            High Management Staff Member

Please PM me on the forums, or through Discord if you require assistance.

Characters

Hugo Duckman, Leader of the Lambda Resistance

Jarrod Barnes, Vox Populi Member

Harry Thompson, Commander's assistant

Jason Williams, President of Haven

Chris White, Civil Worker's Union

Comment

honestly, now that i'm done clownin', here's my bits;

a FULL wipe i don't think would go too well with everything, but a partial wipe I'd agree with. Take the scripts, rework factions, guides and the economy, but let people keep their characters. Full item wipes on PK's would fix more than a few of these problems without punishing people who didn't do anything

Comment

Agreeing with the above.

There are less less drastic measures that can be taken here.

Its easy to assume (when you don’t join the server for a while) that rebelRP is the same bullshit. But honestly, I’ve only had issues with two people regarding their script habits.

We’ve actually had some really nice roleplay. I’m not kidding, the current active rebels are actually really promising. Focusing on actual work, rather than just getting the next gun.

For example, a rebel acquired an AR2 II. A staff member made a remark about them being too common and he offered to hand it in.

We should enforce an item and stash wipe upon IDPKs. We should reset all ranks within the CCA, CWU and OTA.

We should reset BMD flags, and reform it to sell shit that makes actual sense. TnB weapons would generally be better than the shitty CS:S stuff.

Guides Can be reset too, but it’ll take time. Overall, I just think there is an end in sight without punishing people who are actually doing nice things. It’s be a shame to wipe two rebel factions, one being lambda that I’ve been working on and trying to fix for months now.

Characters

Comment

I support this.

I think the BMD seriously needs a re-work

the weapons sold in it are detestable, overpriced and just garbage, and no-one buys them because they already have weapons, the books that could allow you to craft special items are gone for whatever reason which sucks.

I'd honestly rework the GMD's and BMD's tab menu to sell things that are fun.

As for the union a full rank reset would work.

Allow people to keep what they donate for.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombine View Post
                    Allow people to keep what they donate for.

Uh, so people that worked their ass off IC to get the scripts just get them removed, but the donators who most of the time don't know how to RP properly or shouldn't have such OP scripts keep them?

I'm all up for a complete reset and I'd be OK with some donators keeping what they have donated for, but not all of them.

Time for new characters.

Comment

I don't deny that there's a huge issue with new players having stupid advantages because they paid for their stuff, but I want to know why the players who have been around for a while have to suffer because the donation system allows for these things to happen. Overhaul the Black Market, whatever, but I think there'll be a massive outcry about people having all of their stuff removed.
                      Gastericus likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Stierֵ¼niewoj View Post
                        honestly, now that i'm done clownin', here's my bits;

a FULL wipe i don't think would go too well with everything, but a partial wipe I'd agree with. Take the scripts, rework factions, guides and the economy, but let people keep their characters. Full item wipes on PK's would fix more than a few of these problems without punishing people who didn't do anything
                        I understand where you and LolVlog are coming from, but my idea isn't meant to be a solution. It's meant to be a reformation of ideas. If we let people keep their 100 stat characters, what good is that going to accomplish? That's just going to lead us to people running immediately towards the Resistance bases and causing the bullshit they usually cause. I understand and am aware that there is good rp, there always is, and I'm not saying there is. I'm just saying that CC has been in a constant cycle of almost nothing being done, there's always been these small rebel groups or small rebel events that always kept a few dedicated players occupied, and I have nothing against that, the fact of the matter is is that all of this is simply leading nowhere. Why not start the server with a direction where we know where we're going instead of "oh fuck it just send em off and dont mention any sense of direction for the players".

As for the rest of you saying that people have worked hard to get their items, well... You clearly can read what I wrote, can't you? I personally do not CARE anymore for scripts, remove all of them as far as I'm concerned. I'm here for roleplay. If you're sitting around complaining about scripts when the sake of the future of an enjoyable experience for a majority of players, then I'm sorry but you're frankly not fit for roleplay. And again, THIS ISN'T A PUNISHMENT, it's a reinvention of the server. Who mentioned anything about punishments? This is simply setting the server in a fresh new direction that hasn't been seen in fucking years, this has nothing to do with grinding for items, or punishing people because they script hoard, I couldn't give less of a shit about those. What I do care about is quality roleplay with minimal problems. Why try to fix something that's been a mess for three years, when instead, you could treat it like a roleplaying server and set up an entirely new look and feel for the server.

Think of it as opening a brand new server if you will, I just want something refreshing that the server simply has lacked for a good 1-2 years.
                        woah woah woah woah woah

Comment

Originally posted by Burps.exe View Post

I understand where you and LolVlog are coming from, but my idea isn't meant to be a solution. It's meant to be a reformation of ideas. If we let people keep their 100 stat characters, what good is that going to accomplish? That's just going to lead us to people running immediately towards the Resistance bases and causing the bullshit they usually cause. I understand and am aware that there is good rp, there always is, and I'm not saying there is. I'm just saying that CC has been in a constant cycle of almost nothing being done, there's always been these small rebel groups or small rebel events that always kept a few dedicated players occupied, and I have nothing against that, the fact of the matter is is that all of this is simply leading nowhere. Why not start the server with a direction where we know where we're going instead of "oh fuck it just send em off and dont mention any sense of direction for the players".

As for the rest of you saying that people have worked hard to get their items, well... You clearly can read what I wrote, can't you? I personally do not CARE anymore for scripts, remove all of them as far as I'm concerned. I'm here for roleplay. If you're sitting around complaining about scripts when the sake of the future of an enjoyable experience for a majority of players, then I'm sorry but you're frankly not fit for roleplay. And again, THIS ISN'T A PUNISHMENT, it's a reinvention of the server. Who mentioned anything about punishments? This is simply setting the server in a fresh new direction that hasn't been seen in fucking years, this has nothing to do with grinding for items, or punishing people because they script hoard, I couldn't give less of a shit about those. What I do care about is quality roleplay with minimal problems. Why try to fix something that's been a mess for three years, when instead, you could treat it like a roleplaying server and set up an entirely new look and feel for the server.

Think of it as opening a brand new server if you will, I just want something refreshing that the server simply has lacked for a good 1-2 years.
                          It is a punishment if you do care about scripts (which a lot of people in fact do).

Saying "you are not fit to roleplay, bye" for not wanting months of character development flushed down the drain is really not going to achieve anything other than whittle the playerbase down completely. If this isn't a solution, why enforce it? People are more than welcome to wipe all of their characters and start again.

I'm completely for reforms of everything, including basics such as how the factions should function (if exist at all). I just think there's a much easier way to achieve these goals rather than submitting everyone to a full character wipe.

Characters

Comment

My thoughts:

Full reset? A needed thing, but a horrid choice that will drive away players. The need of population on servers usually overrides resets- and I speak from experience.

Wipe the current BMDs, have them reapply if they still want to deal. Then, turn up the danger of being a BMD. If they still have their citizenship, have their record stat something like “Hey keep an extra set of eyes on this guy, thanks”. If they get killed through PROPER roleplay with GOOD reasoning, they should be PKed. And, at each time, have a max of three BMDs. Close apps until one of them die, or get removed due to inactivity. If they are inactive without a reason: remove them. Give someone else a chance.

Script Economy.
                            This is an extremely important aspect of any server, even when people preach about roleplay. Scripts will always be there, they aren’t going away- and they do affect roleplay. And they should be better handled- not saying the current economy is due to mismanagement.

In my opinion, this server needs some sort of weapon pack- like TnB. I applaud you for being one of the few CC servers that don’t use TnB content- but it’s for the sake of the server. AR2s- firearms that can SMOKE EOWs- being sold at seven hundred credits isn’t a good idea. Seven hundred credits should apply to a good handgun, or a SMG, or a bolt action. Variety is a needed aspect when it comes to weaponry, and other gear.

Donations.
                            Hit or miss. They are needed, definitely- but you’re sort of screwing over people who don’t donate and actually roleplay for their things. It’s an iffy topic I don’t want to go into.

The Rolling System.
                            YEESH. I’m sorry, but this rolling system isn’t the best choice for a ROLEPLAY server. All you have to do to gain an edge? Join the Union, grind your stats, and you’re John Wick. Nothing about it.

And- I’m sorry, but it effects roleplay severely. I shall give you an example-

I have a character on the server, who doesn’t have a citizenship. And I’m in the city, due to the lack of gasmasks and the plethora of clouds of toxic gas you can find in the sewers. So what do I do? I watch from the corners of the cities, avoid cameras, carry a handgun on me. Why? Protection.( I also have fifty verdict points from misinformation- I, at the time, didn’t understand that we had private stashes, that couldn’t be accessed by other people- only yourself. Naturally, I asked an admin if I could stash IC- who promptly told me yes, to which, I roleplayed hiding the gear and put it in my description. One thing led to another, and the cops said “lol you stash Underground I don’t care”, and boom- here we are. This all happened about a year ago, maybe toss on a half.) I’m hanging at the train station, watching the world go by- and this cop asks OOCly if he would recognize citizens with a lack of citizenship. Not five seconds later the camera above my character went on full alert and started taking pictures of him. Naturally, he ran for the safety of the station. Where was there to go? The Underground was full of gas, and the hidden area by the telephones had managed to get blocked off. What now? Defense. Cop busted through the door, my character fires three rounds at him- then I’m hit with a “Did you roll?” Thankfully, I managed to roll higher than the cop, and put three rounds into him, center-mass.

Cop tried to run after shrugging off these rounds, which required an admin to swoop in an tell the cop he was out temporarily.

Then we have the meat of the problem. I won’t make mention of who it was, but there’s this P2W cop who’s been rearing to get in on this situation. Should’ve been one hell of a timescale, but all the OOC that took place between myself, the first cop, and the admin was brushed off by some SQD who walked in, quick switched to his handgun, and said “Five seconds to run”. K. I roleplay legging it, then take up cover in the arch of spawn. Cop’s not four feet away from me, and he’s running after my character. I roleplay firing three rounds, directed at center mass. My aim roll manages to be lower than the cop’s- making the bullets spin off into the concrete, nowhere close to hitting the cop. Cop does a John Wick dive, roleplays firing at me, and rolls, once again, higher than me. Guy headshots me and calls it a done situation.

Rolling is a problem more than it is a solution. Make a guide on how to roleplay P2L properly, or something of the sort. People who are stat whores or donators should NOT have an edge or proper roleplayers.

PKs/PIs/TKs/Script Removal on death.
                            I’m unsure on how these are handled, but I’ll give my thoughts.
                            Permanent Kills: Something that should be enforced. If there is good-‘n-proper roleplay, and someone dies through it- kill them permanently. Why? Those who knew that character are given character development, and makes a hole in roleplay circle-jerks. And- of course- this should apply to mainly those that die due to negligence of roleplay- IE; you acted stupid or something of the sort and died for it.

Permanent Injuries: If you’re dumb and got shot for it, cut, or something of the sort? That’s a PI. Got your leg torn off? Enjoy a wheelchair, or get creative and make a prosthetic. Or, commit suicide because your character’s broken.

Temporary Kills: Someone gets killed, but it was due to crossfire or they role played smart but ended up in a inevitable position? Temporary Kill. They cannot play on the character for several days.

Item Removal upon Death: Roleplayed deaths that don’t result in those decisions above-IE, S2RP scenario with multiple people, or something similar- results in item removal. The weapon you were maining that situation, no doubt your primary, is removed once you die. And no- it’s not dropped. It’s completely and I freely gone. This should apply to everyone- the smart and the not-so-smart, normal roleplays and donators, the whole deal.

Conclusion.
                            Economy, BMD overhaul is needed. Some sort of new script system should be introduced. The rolling system, as meticulous as it is, shouldn’t be used. Donations should NOT give an edge over normal people. One hundred stats? Nah, bump it down to seventy five, or fifty. AR2s and military vests? Make those unavailable in donations. Add in TnB weapons and everything becomes so much easier when you have to make the decision of- “Hey- should this guy get this?”

Please take these as suggestions, not demands. Meaning: don’t drop deuces on me simply from what I said.

Comment

Originally posted by TheStavenger View Post
                              My thoughts:

Full reset? A needed thing, but a horrid choice that will drive away players. The need of population on servers usually overrides resets- and I speak from experience.

Wipe the current BMDs, have them reapply if they still want to deal. Then, turn up the danger of being a BMD. If they still have their citizenship, have their record stat something like “Hey keep an extra set of eyes on this guy, thanks”. If they get killed through PROPER roleplay with GOOD reasoning, they should be PKed. And, at each time, have a max of three BMDs. Close apps until one of them die, or get removed due to inactivity. If they are inactive without a reason: remove them. Give someone else a chance.

Script Economy.
                              This is an extremely important aspect of any server, even when people preach about roleplay. Scripts will always be there, they aren’t going away- and they do affect roleplay. And they should be better handled- not saying the current economy is due to mismanagement.

In my opinion, this server needs some sort of weapon pack- like TnB. I applaud you for being one of the few CC servers that don’t use TnB content- but it’s for the sake of the server. AR2s- firearms that can SMOKE EOWs- being sold at seven hundred credits isn’t a good idea. Seven hundred credits should apply to a good handgun, or a SMG, or a bolt action. Variety is a needed aspect when it comes to weaponry, and other gear.

Donations.
                              Hit or miss. They are needed, definitely- but you’re sort of screwing over people who don’t donate and actually roleplay for their things. It’s an iffy topic I don’t want to go into.

The Rolling System.
                              YEESH. I’m sorry, but this rolling system isn’t the best choice for a ROLEPLAY server. All you have to do to gain an edge? Join the Union, grind your stats, and you’re John Wick. Nothing about it.

And- I’m sorry, but it effects roleplay severely. I shall give you an example-

I have a character on the server, who doesn’t have a citizenship. And I’m in the city, due to the lack of gasmasks and the plethora of clouds of toxic gas you can find in the sewers. So what do I do? I watch from the corners of the cities, avoid cameras, carry a handgun on me. Why? Protection.( I also have fifty verdict points from misinformation- I, at the time, didn’t understand that we had private stashes, that couldn’t be accessed by other people- only yourself. Naturally, I asked an admin if I could stash IC- who promptly told me yes, to which, I roleplayed hiding the gear and put it in my description. One thing led to another, and the cops said “lol you stash Underground I don’t care”, and boom- here we are. This all happened about a year ago, maybe toss on a half.) I’m hanging at the train station, watching the world go by- and this cop asks OOCly if he would recognize citizens with a lack of citizenship. Not five seconds later the camera above my character went on full alert and started taking pictures of him. Naturally, he ran for the safety of the station. Where was there to go? The Underground was full of gas, and the hidden area by the telephones had managed to get blocked off. What now? Defense. Cop busted through the door, my character fires three rounds at him- then I’m hit with a “Did you roll?” Thankfully, I managed to roll higher than the cop, and put three rounds into him, center-mass.

Cop tried to run after shrugging off these rounds, which required an admin to swoop in an tell the cop he was out temporarily.

Then we have the meat of the problem. I won’t make mention of who it was, but there’s this P2W cop who’s been rearing to get in on this situation. Should’ve been one hell of a timescale, but all the OOC that took place between myself, the first cop, and the admin was brushed off by some SQD who walked in, quick switched to his handgun, and said “Five seconds to run”. K. I roleplay legging it, then take up cover in the arch of spawn. Cop’s not four feet away from me, and he’s running after my character. I roleplay firing three rounds, directed at center mass. My aim roll manages to be lower than the cop’s- making the bullets spin off into the concrete, nowhere close to hitting the cop. Cop does a John Wick dive, roleplays firing at me, and rolls, once again, higher than me. Guy headshots me and calls it a done situation.

Rolling is a problem more than it is a solution. Make a guide on how to roleplay P2L properly, or something of the sort. People who are stat whores or donators should NOT have an edge or proper roleplayers.

PKs/PIs/TKs/Script Removal on death.
                              I’m unsure on how these are handled, but I’ll give my thoughts.
                              Permanent Kills: Something that should be enforced. If there is good-‘n-proper roleplay, and someone dies through it- kill them permanently. Why? Those who knew that character are given character development, and makes a hole in roleplay circle-jerks. And- of course- this should apply to mainly those that die due to negligence of roleplay- IE; you acted stupid or something of the sort and died for it.

Permanent Injuries: If you’re dumb and got shot for it, cut, or something of the sort? That’s a PI. Got your leg torn off? Enjoy a wheelchair, or get creative and make a prosthetic. Or, commit suicide because your character’s broken.

Temporary Kills: Someone gets killed, but it was due to crossfire or they role played smart but ended up in a inevitable position? Temporary Kill. They cannot play on the character for several days.

Item Removal upon Death: Roleplayed deaths that don’t result in those decisions above-IE, S2RP scenario with multiple people, or something similar- results in item removal. The weapon you were maining that situation, no doubt your primary, is removed once you die. And no- it’s not dropped. It’s completely and I freely gone. This should apply to everyone- the smart and the not-so-smart, normal roleplays and donators, the whole deal.

Conclusion.
                              Economy, BMD overhaul is needed. Some sort of new script system should be introduced. The rolling system, as meticulous as it is, shouldn’t be used. Donations should NOT give an edge over normal people. One hundred stats? Nah, bump it down to seventy five, or fifty. AR2s and military vests? Make those unavailable in donations. Add in TnB weapons and everything becomes so much easier when you have to make the decision of- “Hey- should this guy get this?”

Please take these as suggestions, not demands. Meaning: don’t drop deuces on me simply from what I said.
                              And the lore- sorry. The lore needs some sort of rewrite. The idea is nice, but it needs SOMETHING more. More variety. Character development. Large scale and small scale. Weird and otherwise normal. Don’t be afraid to go out of the box. And, that being said, don’t make everything out-of-the-box revolve around interdimensional government agents.

Comment

Working...
                              X